Google started adding VR 360 degree videos to YouTube back in March of this year.
There is now a rather impressive collection of VR 360 degree videos with mostly decent quality and many in 4K.
If your phone is capable of 1440p playback such as the Samsung S6, Note 4 along with many others you can easily spend many hours inside your cardboard (or Cardboard clone) device.
OK, awesome. So how do I do this?
- Pick up a Cardboard device or Cardboard clone. There has been a spate of FREE Cardboard giveaways recently from OnePlus and even Conan O’Brien. If you cannot grab one free, then a clone can be purchased for around $25 such as Goggletech Go4D C1-Glass
- Install Cardboard onto your phone
- If you have not already done so, then install YouTube on your device
- Go to your YouTube app and search #360video. You should now see only the 360 degree VR Videos
- If you want the best quality such as 4K, then click the top right icon to filter for only 4K Videos.
- Once you click filter, then select 4K and 360
- Finally, when you select a video to view. You need to place your phone into "Cardboard" view.
Do this by selecting the cardboard icon bottom right:
- That's it. Enjoy VR 360 videos on your phone
How to watch 360 Degree VR Videos On Your Phone" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">