CES 2017 starts next week in Las Vegas. Every year Oculus has a large presence at CES. This year, however, Oculus is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps they are listed under Facebook? Nope, not there either.
HTC, Sony, Microsoft, and Samsung will all have a presence at CES. Disappointing Oculus, where are you?
Since Oculus have released all their products in 2016, they have nothing new to showcase. HTC were rumored to be showing a Vive 2, but those rumors were confirmed by HTC to be false. HTC are showing various demos and perhaps may show their new style of controller.
Demos of the HTC Vive at CES 2017
- Arcade Saga: "Arcade Saga" is a fast, colorful VR game inspired by arcade games but with a twist, where players find themselves taking on the role of A.I. fighting threats developed by humans. Arcade Saga is a Vive Studios title developed internally at HTC by 2Bears Studios.
- Front Defense: Immerse yourself as a soldier in World War II. The game brings Vive into a full play with precise tracking as you command troops and advanced weapon across the battlefield. Front Defense is a Vive Studios title developed internally at HTC by Fantahorn.
- Knockout League: An arcade style boxing game built from the ground up for VR. Its intuitive gameplay involves moving and dodging with your body and 1:1 punch movement that lets you attack how you want. Knockout League is a Vive Studios title developed by Grab Games.
- Mindshow: By VisionaryVR, Mindshow lets you make VR cartoons with your body and voice. Teleport into different characters and act out all the parts. Create with your friends by passing scenes back and forth, then share your shows in VR and on social media.
- The Music Room: The Music Room is an expressive MIDI controller. Unlike keyboard MIDI controllers The Music Room allow you to strum, slide, bend & drum naturally with 8 dimensions of control per note.
- The Nest: A futuristic sniper game by Invrse Studios, where patience and precision are your best tools for survival.
- Racket: NX: Waves Audio will demonstrate an unreleased build of their new, futuristic racketball game, "Racket: Nx," and discuss how developers can make their VR games and demos sound more realistic.
- ROM: Extraction: First Contact Entertainment will showcase brand new functionality for their recently released sci-fi VR shooter game ROM: Extraction.
- Star Trek Bridge Crew: Developed specifically for VR by Red Storm Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio, Star Trek: Bridge Crew puts you and your friends in the heart of a starship. As officers of the Federation, every action and decision you make together will determine the fate of your ship and crew.
CES 2017 - Where is Oculus?" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">