Virtual Reality in its current form really shines with simulation type demos/games. Especially those set in space such as Elite: Dangerous, Star Conflict and education experiences like Titans of Space.
Discovering space Oculus Rift demo is along the lines of Titans of space in allowing you to journey into Space taking control of your purpose built VR spacecraft and are free to travel anywhere you like to see anything you wish to see.
- New ships
- Launch Hangar
- Improved ship displays panels / interaction
- Performance optimisations
- User selectable game preferences (gfx effects)
- Numerous subtle improvements / effects
- The full solar system to explore – all planets, many moons, hidden objects.
- Unlimited range.
- Full use of jump-gate system.
- Full descriptive content – discover and learn as you go.
- Two spacecraft – single seater and full luxury ship with selectable passenger.
- Hidden objects to find.
Discovering Space ControlsController Support: Yes
Simply look at a control, it should highlight. Then press select (Xbox A button)
Click to zoom
Discovering Space Oculus Rift Setup
Download: Download Discovering Space
Oculus Rift Mode: Direct Mode
Controller Support: Yes
Discovering Space - VRCircle Rating
- Download and unzip DiscoveringSpace_Release7.zip to your preferred folder.
- Run: DiscoveringSpace_DirectToRift.exe (Do not put on the headset yet)
- This will take you to the start-up menu from where you can launch the game.
- Familiarise yourself with the main controls.
- Run the game with LAUNCH > GO. (or hit the space key)
- Put on the headset and wait for the game to load.
Discovering Space Oculus Rift Demo" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">