Even since the Everest video was released and won "Best VR Experience" at CES 2016. VR fans have been champing at the bit to try it. Starting August 2, you'll be able to try it for yourself for $24.99 on SteamVR. For Oculus fans you'll need to wait a little longer as the initial release is only for the HTC Vive.
HTC Vive owners can expect to see one of the best looking VR experiences yet. Everest by default will enable Supersampling with a 40% higher resolution than the Vive with a setting of 140.
You will also be able to adjust the graphics settings and according to Sólfar Studios Normal is optimized for GTX 970, GTX 980 and GTX 1060 cards. The high setting is reserved for GTX 980Ti or Titan X. The Extreme setup is going to need the GTX 1080. Everest will support SLI so you'll be able to play with the settings.
Download Everest VR on Steam
- Experience Everest in 5 iconic scenes. Prepare for your expedition at Basecamp, traverse the terrifying Khumbu Icefalls, overnight at Camp 4, ascend the perilous Hillary Step, and finally conquer the summit of Everest.
- After completing your first summit attempt, unlock God Mode to reach a unique vantage point of the Himalayas only possible in VR. Towering over the mountain range, this is a stunning VR diorama.
- EVEREST VR is a powerful first introduction to VR, designed not as a conventional game but as an accessible experience that focuses on the strengths of VR to transport you to an impossible real world location.
- Powered by Unreal Engine, EVEREST VR pushes the envelope of real-time graphics to deliver AAA visual fidelity that is unparalleled in virtual reality applications.
- Optimized for the HTC Vive, EVEREST VR scales from a uniquely satisfying and comfortable standing experience to one that takes full advantage of large room-scale Play Areas.
Everest VR Available on Steam August 2" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">