Back in October I reported how to get Assetto Corsa working in the Oculus Rift
. That process still works, however I have found a better way. This new method allows you to maintain all your Assetto Corsa Menus on your regular monitor and have the Rift play the game without the need to move the window. If you've already followed the steps in the previous article you can jump to step 3 or scroll to the end for video instructions.Step 1 - Prepare Assetto Corsa For Oculus RiftIn My Documents folder \Assetto Corsa\cfg\ open video.ini file and change the top section as follows:
Step 2 - Set Up Rift For Assetto Corsa Support
Set Oculus Rift into extended mode from the Rift Display Mode Option
Step 3 Configure Assetto Corsa For Main Monitor & Oculus Rift Support
- Launch Assetto Corsa
- Menu: Options -> General uncheck the box marked GPU-accelerated game launcher
- Quit Assetto Corsa
- In My Documents folder \Assetto Corsa\cfg\ edit the Launcher.ini file.
Change Fullscreen to 0
- In the Windows Screen Resolution set your Oculus to primary display:
- Ensure steam is on your main monitor and launch Assetto Corsa
- Double check your graphics settings are:
1920x1080 74Hz and set the mode to Oculus
TIPS & TRICKS
- Ctrl + space to recenter your view
- Try using voice commands to easily Exit the game. I can just say "Close Window" and the main window will close, in this case return you to the menus. See How To Control Your Computer With VoiceAttack
- If the game crashes after you start a game
- Go to Options -> Video -> Effects.
- Change effect preset to None
Enjoy racing in the best Oculus Rift racing game. Pity it is such a pain to get running.
The most recent update to VRCircle has converted the comments to Disqus comments. As a means to record history of previous comments, they are listed below are no longer editable. If you wish to add a new comment, please skip to the bottom.
How to enable Oculus Rift in Assetto Corsa - UPDATED" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">