Oculus has some of the best VR games right now. But what if you have the HTC Vive?
You're in luck because Reddit user CrossVR has released a "modification" to the Oculus software on GitHub to allow a limited set of software to run on the Vive.
So far CrossVR has added support for the Oculus Dream Deck and Lucky's Tale.
How to run Lucky's Tale on HTC Vive
- Download the Lucky's Tale patch here.
- Install Lucky's Tale from Oculus Home, then go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Software\playful-luckys-tale
- Extract the patch in that folder; it will overwrite LT_Data\Plugins\OVRPlugin.dll so make sure you have a backup.
- Make sure SteamVR is running and then start LT.exe.
How to run Oculus Dream Deck on HTC Vive
- Download the Revive Injector here.
- Install Oculus Dream Deck from Oculus Home, then go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Software\oculus-dreamdeck\WindowsNoEditor\Dreamdeck\Binaries\Win64
- Extract the injector in that folder.
- Make sure SteamVR is running and then drag Dreamdeck-Win64-Shipping.exe into ReviveInjector.exe.
Techi Details of Patch
It works by reimplementing functions from the Oculus Runtime and translating them to OpenVR calls. Unfortunately, Oculus has implemented a Code Signing check on the Runtime DLLs. Therefore, the Revive DLLs cannot be used unless the application is patched.
The Revive DLLs already contain the necessary hooking code to work around the Code Signing check in any application. However, you will still need to patch the application actually to load the Revive DLLs.
How to run Oculus Rift Software on HTC Vive" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">