First grab Dirt 3 from somewhere. Remember if you purchase Dirt 3 from Steam it just will not work and good luck getting a refund from them. What it fails to tell you is you need to install Games for Windows before you install Dirt 3
Once that is done, you're ready to set this up for VR.
The general site is http://www.vireio.com/
- Download the latest release version
NOTE: This is a very new version but so far great with me. It allows you to specify which screen your DK2 resides, see screen shot in step 4 below.
- Once you have the .zip downloaded, expand the .zip into a folder and run the VirieoPerceptionProfiler.exe under the /Bin folder
- Ensure your Dirt3 is pointing to the correct location as follows:
The default Dirt 3 location is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DiRT 3
- Within the same /Bin right click Perception.exe and select Run As Administrator
You should then be presented with this screen:
This new version allows you to specify the exact monitor to send to. Very cool!
- Finally, you need to force the game into DirectX9 mode instead of DirectX11
Go to "C:\Users\your user name\Documents\My Games\DiRT3\hardwaresettings" [This varies depending on if Steam or not] and right click on "hardware_settings_config.xml" and click EDIT. Look for:
Change "false" to "true" to force DirectX9
- Final step, launch Dirt 3. Enjoy Dirt 3 in VR!
NOTE: If you run into any problems. You can also copy the following .dlls (d3d9.dll, hijackdll.dll, libfreespace.dll, VRboost.dll) from your perception /bin folder into your steam folder which is probably: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DiRT 3RELATED: Dirt Rally Now available on Early Access from SteamThe most recent update to VRCircle has converted the comments to Disqus comments. As a means to record history of previous comments, they are listed below are no longer editable. If you wish to add a new comment, please skip to the bottom.
How to Set Up Dirt 3 With VIREIO On The Oculus Rift DK2" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">