Guided meditation on the Oculus Rift allows you to relax in the comfort of your living room or office chair.
You can choose various locations and listen to tranquil sounds.
My favorite was sitting on a beach in Indonesia whilst the meditation lady describes listening to the ocean and smelling my favorite sun tan lotion!
Before you can relax, you first need to set it up, here is how...SetUp and Configuration
Unfortunately as with many Demos for the Oculus. There is no "direct to rift" option. Therefore most users experiment with various settings until they get it to work. This demo requires you to have the Oculus Rift set up as the Primary Display.
The easiest way to do this without messing around with your Windows settings is to use the VR Game manager. If you've not used the VR Game Manager before then read my instructions on setting up the VR Game manager
Once you have the VR Game Manager set up. You need to create a new entry with the following:
Force Adapter to Make Rift Primary
Force Resolution to 1920 x 1080
Should look like the following (Click image to zoom)
Save your settings and launch the demoIn Game Controls
- WASD or Arrow keys to teleport to either of the 4 locations on the map.
- Esc to return to main menu in locations or exit the program on the main menu
- Q/E rotate left or right without turning. These are also the triggers on the 360 controller.
- X rotate up. This is helpful for adjusting a comfortable lying position.
- Z take screenshot.
- R to reset Oculus forward position.
- Spacebar to view app details like IPD or framerate.
How To SetUp Guided Meditation On The Oculus Rift" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">