Oculus have released their latest SDK bringing the version number up to 0.8.0.0 and including a host of new features including Iimproved support for Windows 10 and a bunch of developer niceties.
You will need to update your graphics driver as follows:
The following are new features for the Oculus SDK and runtime:
- Improved support for Windows 10.
- Added ovr_GetSessionStatus, which returns whether the headset is present and whether it has VR focus and can render to the headset.
- Added ovr_Detect to OVR_CAPI_Util.h , which enables you to detect the presence of a headset without initializing LibOVR. This can be useful when a game has VR and non-VR modes.
- Added HandStatusFlags to ovrTrackingState, which specifies whether the the Oculus Touch controllers are being tracked. Status includes orientation and position.
- Added SensorSampleTime to ovrLayerEyeFov, which specifies when the render pose was calculated. This is useful for measuring application tracking latency.
- Added ovr_GetTrackingCaps to get the tracking capabilities of the device.
- Usage of ovr_ConfigureTracking is no longer needed unless you want to disable tracking features. By default, ovr_Create enables the full tracking capabilities supported by any given device.
- Added ovrLayerHudMode, which enables the headset user to see information about a layer.
- Added ovrControllerType_None and ovrControllerType_XBox to ovrControllerType.
- The Oculus Debug Tool was added to simplify troubleshooting. For more information see Oculus Debug Tool.
This release represents a major revision of the API. Changes to the API include:
- Applications no longer need to call ovr_ConfigureTracking. ovr_Create automatically enables the full tracking capabilities supported by any given device.
- Replaced ovr_GetFrameTiming with ovr_GetPredictedDisplayTime.
- Added latencyMarker to ovrTrackingState. When set to ovrTrue, this indicates that it will be used in the rendering loop and will be used to calculate latency.
- To emphasize the session model, renamed ovrHmd to ovrSession and hmd to session.
- ovrLayerType_QuadInWorld and ovrLayerType_QuadHeadLocked were renamed to ovrLayerType_Quad and are now differentiated by the ovrLayerFlag_HeadLocked flag.
- Added ovrMaxLayerCount, which sets the maximum number of layers to 32.
- Removed ovrInit_ServerOptional. If you use this to detect whether the OVRService is available, periodically call ovr_Initialize or poll ovr_Detect instead.
- Removed ovrTrackingCap_Idle from ovrTrackingCaps.
- Known Issues
The following are known issues:
- The Oculus service might crash when gathering Diagnostic Logs from the Oculus Config Util. If this happens, the service automatically restarts and the logs will not be lost.
Oculus Releases 0.8.0.0 Oculus SDK" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">