Oculus have updated their SDK to version 0.5.0.1. No new big features to announce in this version as it appears to be mostly a refactoring of the code and the ability to install LibOVR as a dynamic DLL with the runtime.
Oculus 0.5.0.1 Beta SDK New Features:
- Updated LibOVR to rely on a runtime-installed DLL for better forward compatibility and delivery of bug fixes.
- Introduced a four-digit runtime versioning scheme: PRODUCT#.MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH (e.g. 0.5.0.1). The last three digits of the scheme map philosophically to Semantic Versioning.
- Added OpenGL support to OculusRoomTiny.
- Introduced OculusRoomTiny_Advanced, which supports more SDK features and toggles.
- Improved DK2 headset USB sleep management on Windows 8.1.
- Updated the Oculus Configuration Utility to display headset status and diagnostic messages. Users can now view firmware version and serial numbers by hovering over the device image.
Oculus SDK 0.5.0.1 Beta Released" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">