This had been a pretty awesome last few weeks for Sony PlayStation VR. Just last week in Paris Sony released a great video showcasing some of their upcoming PlayStation VR games.
This week Sony have focused on the hardware itself and confirmed the following PlayStation VR hardware:
- 5.7" OLED display
- 1920xRGBx1080 resolution with 120Hz refresh rate
- Super low latency less than 18ms
- Field-of-view (FOV) approximately 100-degrees
- Accelerometer and gyroscope
- Positional tracking with nine LEDs
- 3D audio (With your own headphones)
- HDMI and USB interfaces
In addition to the hardware specifications above Sony reaffirmed PlayStation VR will launch in the first half of 2016. Apparently Sony is continuing to work on the SDK and the software for launch. They want to make sure when the PlayStation VR is released their is great software to go along with it.
We'll just need to wait just a bit longer, it certainly seems as if it will be worth the wait.
Sony PlayStation VR Hardware Details Confirmed" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">