The Hum: Abductions is a first person horror game currently in early Alpha stage using the Unreal Engine 4 engine.
Thought of as an immersive and frightening story driven game, Abductions is a prequel for The Hum Game, The Alien Invasion Simulator, both parts of a huge sci-fi universe called The Hum Universe.
In this demo you'll do some wondering around a house before being presumably abducted by Aliens and transported to so some platform in space with aliens watching you. What follows is a rather surreal space sequence.
The whole thing only lasts about 10 minutes but is an interesting look. The house scene could be graphically smoother but once you're in space it is butter smooth.
The Hum: Abduction Oculus Rift Setup and Controls
Download the The Hum Universe which is essentially an installer from here:
- Download The Hum Universe
- Click the windows Icon to download the installer.
- Once the installer is running, you can just select Guest access
- Top left click the Abductions icon
- Then click the download button. You should now see this:
- Ensure Oculus is setup in Direct Mode
- Once download is complete hit the Play button
- Hit ALT + Enter on the keyboard to switch to VR mode
- The following are game pad and mouse controls:
The Hum: Abductions - VRCircle Rating
The Hum: Abductions First Person Horror Game" data-width="50" data-layout="button_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true">