Epic Games have released a few updates for the best VR game so far (in my opinion) to support 360 Tracking better.
What does 360 Tracking in Robo Recall do anyway?
With the latest updates on March 31 and April 6 (Detailed below), Robo Recall now detects if you have a two camera or a three camera setup.
Robo Recall sports a teleportation locomotion system. Teleportation means you look at a spot you wish to move to, press a button on the controller, and then you appear there.
When the game first launched in March, upon teleporting to another location, you would face forward. Alternatively, you could adjust your direction by turning the thumb stick, then upon teleportation, you would face that direction instead.
With the latest updates, the direction you face is the actual direction you are looking. 360 tracking makes it much easier in the heat of battle to know where you will be facing when you teleport.
Related: Robo Recall Tips and Tricks
Robo Recall March 31 Update
- Added support for 360 tracking mode. Available in Settings → Tracking Options.
- Replaced ending credits music with “Shooty Shooty Gun Hands,” the masterpiece that came in too hot for launch.
- Improved and stabilized teleporting up onto ledges.
- Fixed a bug that caused crawlers to be wiggidy-wack when you grabbed them during one part of their "get up" sequence.
- Added more unique colors for high multiplier numbers. People are tearing it up on YouTube!
- Fixed a bug that caused flickering between LODs in a very narrow window.
- Made a few improvements for spectator leaderboard functionality.
- Fixed a small bug on the Holo-table that caused weapon dangly bits to misbehave upon dropping said weapon.
- Fixed “Whip Slam” damage scoring events and made damage scale with impact velocity.
- Made several audio performance improvements.
- Added fixes for font caching that wasn't working properly to eliminate hitches the first time unique text is rendered.
- Fixed bug where Boss VO wasn't being affected by VO volume settings.
- Fixed additional audio bugs.
- Spectator leaderboard now correctly states when player is in All-Star Mode.
Robo Recall April 6 Update
- Based on feedback, we've added support for directional teleporting with 360 tracking.
- Added a "tracking settings" prompt that should show up one time, on the main menu, for people who have 3 trackers, or have 2 trackers pointing towards each other.
- Re-enabled some optimizations in the physical animation code that had been disabled during development.
- Removed half-finished text localization from the build, as it was accidentally being activated for some users.
- Improved the feedback for players who've stepped away from their "center" position.