Almost every day new titles arrive on Steam in “early access,” meaning the game is a work in progress and not yet complete. Not all these games grow to a full release from their developers.
However, the bug killing folks at Drifter Entertainment has moved their futuristic online bug killing co-op RPG Gunheart to version 1.0 today!I first had a chance to play Gunheart during E3 in 2017 and played co-op with my fellow co-writer both on the HTC Vive while some developers played online with the Oculus Rift. The first time I had played a VR game with multi-device support!
“Gunheart has been a passion project for the team since inception and we are extremely excited to be able to offer such an incredibly unique and fun RPG shooter to fans across the globe,”
said Ray Davis, co-founder and CEO of Drifter Entertainment.
"From the beginning, we’ve focused on building Gunheart as a world class VR gaming experience, and now with cross-play we’re able to share the experience with desktop players. Gunheart is guaranteed to provide hours of insanely fast co-op combat for you and your friends."
- Teleport, or boost jump anywhere and everywhere to cover kilometer long battlefields, instantaneously. With teleport at your fingertips it’s easier than ever to grab the high ground and destroy the invaders.
- 10 unique weapons to unlock and master. Each weapon can be leveled up to unlock individual perks and additional weapon modification slots. Combine and dual-wield different side arms until you find your favorite combo. When taking on the bigger enemies, reach for a combo weapon like a chain gun or bow.
- 40+ weapon modifications enables hundreds of thousands custom weapons. Completely overhaul how each weapon functions and turn your favorites into custom death-dealing masterpieces - for example augment an ordinary rocket launcher with guided rockets, then slap on rapid-reloader, and top it off with a full-auto mod.
- 9 campaign and 11 challenge missions that will take you on an action packed tour of Planet Fortune while battling the diverse Anthromite menace. Encounter a wide variety of enemies and multiple bosses along the way while battling through several unique environments. Elite mode and weekly missions keep the challenge fresh even after you have mastered the campaign.
- Frenetic PVP battles pit you against other bounty hunters either in free-for-all or team based skirmishes. Earn rewards and prestige titles for killing your fellow players - it’s a great way to cool off and show off after a long day of bounty hunting!
- 80+ cosmetics and 4 social gear to discover for your character. Hats, rig vests, and facial expressions enable you to customize your look and show off your achievements. Make some cool pixel art with the pixel gun, stage a celebration with the balloon gun, or just whack some fools in the face with the handy Mr. Fish.
- Grab any physical object and turn it into an adhoc weapon using the multi-tool. Explosive barrels littered throughout the environment make for great impromptu grenades. Or simply grab the nearest creature and chuck them off a cliff for a quick kill.
- Drop-in/drop-out co-op with dynamic difficulty makes it easy to join in with friends (or strangers) for some fun co-op shooting. You can always start a mission solo if you prefer to play as a lone wolf, or reserve a mission for just you and your friends.
- VR players have a full suite of locomotion and comfort options that allow for comfortably play standing, seated, or room scale. A full set of control options allow users to easily switch between layouts, enable smooth motion and jump, or toggle comfort options such as dynamic "blinders".
- Cross-play across all platforms between desktop (non-VR), Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Windows MR.