Samsung receives most of the press today with their Gear 360. Of course, Samsung always demos their camera with their Gear VR headset, so this makes sense.
However, Samsung is not the only game in town. Nikon, Kodak and many others play in the space as well.
Kodak, probably best known for their film and their PIXPRO digital cameras already have the Kodak Pixpro 360° camera. During CES 2017 in January, Kodak introduced a new 360-degree VR 4K Camera.
The 360-degree VR 4K Camera has two separate lenses with 197° and 235°.
Both lenses work in tandem to produce 360° 4K video.
Summary Tech Specs:
- Dual 20MP CMOS sensors
- Three multi-view angles:
- 360° Spherical View: Two integrated curved lenses 155° + 235°
- 4K Full Frame View (Front Mode) w/197° super wide angle lens
- Hemisphere View (Globe Mode) w/235° angle lens
- Facebook™ and YouTube™ 360° Photos & Videos
- Supports microSD card up to 128GB
(Class 10 or higher)