The MotherVR mod will run on the Oculus Rift CV1 and DK2 with HTC Vive support coming soon.
How to Install MotherVR
- Download and unzip the MotherVR mod
- Drag the dxgi.dll into your Alien Isolation game folder.
- Startup videos don't show properly in the headset. To remove the intro videos. Delete/rename AMD_IDENT.USM, CA_IDENT.USM and FOX_IDENT.USM found in the DATA\UI\MOVIES folder
If you'd like to disable the mod (so you can switch back to play it in regular 2D), add -novr in the Launch Options in Steam
Known Issues MotherVR
- No snap turning (only smooth turning for now)
- Game window will show solid black, even though the game does show in the headset. You can use OculusMirror.exe for watching/recording with in the meantime (located in Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics)
- Some Menu UI can appear off-screen (they still work though, so you might just have to memorize some buttons for now)
- Interactive objects position you a little too closely, so it can be hard to focus on them. For now, closing one eye, or temporarily adjusting the IPD downward, can help.
- Audio playback doesn't change automatically, so you'll have to set Rift Headphones as default playback device
- Can't close the game through the Oculus Overlay, so you'll have to close it through the Main Menu or Windows Desktop
- Reset orientation stays relative to your tracking space forward angle, so you'll notice during first-person sequences that it will jump your rotation back to 'tracking space' forward
- Major graphical changes that require re-initialization will crash (like changing from Windowed etc.). The setting will still change, you'll just have to relaunch before seeing the effects
Note: This Mod now supersedes the previous file modification for Alien Isolation.