Got questions? ask in the comments below, and I'll answer soon..
This has worked from the Elite Dangerous beta build to the release version and the latest post release beta builds.
- Reboot into your computer to ensure fresh boot.
- Open the Oculus Rift Configuration Utility
- Set HMD mode to "Extended"
So far so good? Half way there...
- Ensure your Oculus Rift is turned on and the light is blue
- Start Elite Dangerous
- Go to Graphics settings
- Set Vsync on
- Set 3D mode to Oculus headphones/speakers
- Set Refresh rate to 75hz
- Set display to "secondary"
Your elite dangerous set up screen should look like: (Click pic to zoom)
If you get any stuttering reduce some of your graphics settings. Hopefully future builds of Elite Dangerous will reduce this.
Now get out there, gaze at the stars, and wonder what is out there…
If you see a side-by-side image and you're on a NVIDIA card. Check your driver version. If you're on 347.09 the fix is to roll back to 344.75 or move to a newer version. This will correct the side-by-side image you get when using the Oculus Rift DK2 in Elite Dangerous.
If you prefer to watch the how to video, here you go: