Oculus have updated their SDK to version 0.5.0.1. No new big features to announce in this version as it appears to be mostly a refactoring of the code and the ability to install LibOVR as a dynamic DLL with the runtime.
Oculus 0.5.0.1 Beta SDK New Features:
- Updated LibOVR to rely on a runtime-installed DLL for better forward compatibility and delivery of bug fixes.
- Introduced a four-digit runtime versioning scheme: PRODUCT#.MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH (e.g. 0.5.0.1). The last three digits of the scheme map philosophically to Semantic Versioning.
- Added OpenGL support to OculusRoomTiny.
- Introduced OculusRoomTiny_Advanced, which supports more SDK features and toggles.
- Improved DK2 headset USB sleep management on Windows 8.1.
- Updated the Oculus Configuration Utility to display headset status and diagnostic messages. Users can now view firmware version and serial numbers by hovering over the device image.