Back in January, the makers of Plex announced they were bringing Plex to VR. They called it PleVR. For owners of Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, your wait is over as PleVR is now available on Steam.
For those of you have not tried Plex. Plex is an excellent media organization and a streaming tool allowing you to organize all your media in one place and stream to other TVs, iPads, iPhones and even store them locally for traveling. Plex has been available for years on streaming devices such as Apple TV, Roku, and many others.
Now with PleVR, you can enjoy Plex while sitting in a virtual chair surrounded by your virtual living room. You can enjoy popular video containers such as .MKV and 3D side-by-side video.
- Built for Comfort - quickly reposition yourself and the screen (even lying down), and make the screen as big as you want (think IMAX)
- Full Plex Support - video resume, On Deck, Recently Added, video transcoding, remote servers
- Friends' Content - full access to the libraries of Plex friends
- 3D Video - automatically plays both Side-by-Side and Over-Under correctly
- Voice Search - search for titles like "Star Wars" across all libraries with just your voice
- YouTube/Vimeo Support - supports Plex's Watch Later feature (including 3D videos)
- Simple Controls - use a single controller as your remote, even for system volume
- Environment Support - black void, space, skyscraper roof and luxury apartment
- Widget Support - don't lose track of time with the movable digital clock
- Room-Scale Support - walk along the rows of your Plex library
Features Coming Soon
Coming soon to PleVR include 360° video support, more environments, and new widgets.
PleVR is now available on Steam priced at $7.99, including a special launch promotion of 20% off, good till March 15.