Project Cars latest release is out and available for download now. Project Cars, one of the launch titles for the Oculus Rift, is now fully compatible with the HTC Vive.
In addition to Vive support, Slightly Mad Studios brought some other VR niceties. Cars now include VR mouse support, Gaze control support, and the ability to swap seamlessly between them and use them along with Custom Controllers and Gamepads.
Gaze support is similar to Oculus Home and other VR environments where you just look at the option, wait a few seconds, then it is selected.
Slightly Mad Studios recommends that you delete the configuration files that store the various settings. These are found in "\Users\<username>\Documents\Project CARS" and are the files with XML extension.
Project Cars VR Improvements
- HTC Vive support
- Gaze control implemented, providing hands-free interaction with the User Interface
- Mouse pointer control in HMD views applied
- Photo mode is now fully functional
- Depth of Field effects now works correctly
- The game will now retain controller focus when the player removes the HMD
- Improved rendering system for Crepuscular rays and Sun flares
- Improved rendering of dirt and rain drops on Helmet visor
- Improved the default seat position
- Improved the default HUD position
- Improved default camera settings to prevent the car tilting independently from the player at steep inclines
- Fixed a refresh issue on the UI when returning from race to the main menu