Serious Sam has always been a great run and gun shooter. Developer Croteam released a stationary style shooter in June of 2016. However, they have been hard at work on Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter.
The first encounter features two methods of movement. The first is the teleportation system, which it calls “Serious Warp.” For those who do not have issues with motion sickness, the developer also included trackpad movement for full-on first-person shooter action.
Serious Sam Singleplayer
- Levels - Serious Sam is sent back through time to ancient Egypt to battle, explore and seek wisdom in 15 huge Egypt levels that also have over 80 secrets hidden and waiting to be discovered, in what is considered to be one of the most visually enjoyable VR experiences!
- Weapons - Play with a classic arsenal of 10 serious weapons including Colt, Chainsaw (!), Shotgun, Minigun and Cannon!
- Enemies - Go head to head against various enemies, including Sirian Werebull now charging at you in VR, while hearing Beheaded Kamikaze scream somewhere near by.
- THE Boss - Witness being VR stamped by almighty warlock giant Ugh-Zan III, who somehow managed to sneak behind you!
- Difficulty Settings - Choose between 5 difficulty settings to satisfy everyone, from FPS beginner and all the way to serious players!
Serious Sam Multiplayer
- Up to 16 Players - Plunge into chaos with up to 16 players in various cooperative and versus modes, some playable in campaign levels, some in unique versus levels and some also in teams!
- Classic Co-Op - Plunge into chaos with up to 16 players in 15-level cooperative campaign mode, which is also fully customized like choosing difficulty, increasing enemies strength per player, turning on friendly fire or infinite ammo, setting respawn credits and much, much more!
- Coin-Op Co-Op - Play entire co-op campaign levels in classic 80's arcade style with limited lives!
- Beast Hunt and Team Beast Hunt - Compete against other players, or teams in Team Beast Hunt, hunting down various enemies to see who can get the best score at the end of each campaign level!
- Survival and Team Survival - Alone or with other team members, try to stay alive as long as you can against endless enemy attacks in specially designed survival map!
- Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch - Watch all hell break loose against other players or teams in classic deathmatch style!
- My Burden - Get highest score from collecting the points by holding the item, while others chase you to get hold of that item!
- Last Man Standing and Last Team Standing - Playing with only one life against each other, or as part of a team, try to be the last one alive!
- Capture the Flag - Grab a flag from other teams' base and bring it to your base for a score, while also defending your own flag!
- Instant Kill - One shot and you are gone!
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter is available now through Steam’s Early Access program for $39.99. However, the developer is offering a 10% discount through December 27.