Do you want to leap tall buildings? Jump down 300 feet onto a small platform? Swing from trees?
Yes? In that case download and install Windlands and don your Oculus Rift (DK1 or DK2)
The game takes advantage of the Oculus Rift to make you feel like a superhero as you make huge jumps, swing in the air by the grappling hook and walk along narrow ledges.
It is all about movement, exploration and mastering your skills on the way to the final epic battle (Boss mode not yet included)
Windlands Setup and Controls
Install: Download includes DK1, DK2 and regular screen versions. Simply unzip whichever version you want. Then run Windlands_DirectToRift.exe (Assuming you want the Rift version)
Oculus Rift Mode: Direct (Extended mode didn't work for me)
Xbox Controller Support : Yes
Recenter Rift: R Key
- Oculus Rift: Look around
- Horizontal / Vertical Move. Also WASD.
- Button - A Jump. Also space.
- Button - Back
- Button - Start Respawn. On keyboard "enter".
- D-Pad Up Reset Level. On keyboard "i".
- Right Stick X Turn left/right. Also with moving mouse.
- Right Stick Down 180 Turn.
- Trigger Long rope. Also with mouse left/right.
- Bumper Climbing rope. On keyboard "1" / "3".
- D-Pad X (+) Music Volume Down.
- D-Pad X (-) Music Volume Up.
- F1 Low persistence toggle On/Off.
- F2 Camera Positional tracking toggle On/Off.
- F3 OVR Menu Toggle On/Off.
- F4 creen Light Toggle On/Off.
- F5 Controller Turning: Comfort Mode.
- F6 Controller Turning: Smooth.
- F7 Death On Fall: Off.
- F8 Death On Fall: On.
- F9 Grappling Hook Mode: Normal.
- F10 Grappling Hook Mode: Hardcore.
- F11 Full-screen.
- F12 Drash's Black Smear Removal toggle On/Off.
Windlands VRCircle Rating
I was surprised Windlands did not make me nauseous given the sort of movement. However the performance is perfect and the right controller jumps left or right rather than smooth movement which I think helps. After 30 minutes of play I felt only a minor feeling of being "in the rift" and could easily have gone for longer.
Cost: Demo is free
Test Machine Specifications
*10 is no barf, 0 instant barf