The Wizards is now officially coming to Steam Early access on July 28th priced at $24.99.
The Wizards is a spellcaster fantasy game where the player defeats foes with magic, which includes my personal favorite, fireballs.
You play as a young wizard traveling in time to protect the Realm of Men from enemy forces. You'll be able to use motion controllers (Vive and Rift) to weave magic into lightning, fireballs (yeah baby), and other elemental spells.
The early access game will not include all the features planned for the final retail version. Features available on the Early Access release include:
- Story mode with two Regions divided into stages and additional locations
- Six basic spells with upgrades for each spell
- Fate Cards that allow players to modify the rules of the game and gain points
- Online leaderboard that allows players to compete with high scores
During the various early access releases, the following will be added:
- New Regions - Two story chapters featuring new challenges and enemy types
- Arcade Mode - Arena battles for those who never get enough of spell fighting
- Master Enchantments - six new powerful spell upgrades for ultimate wizardry
- New Fate Cards - Allow players to experience completely new battles
The Wizards features:
- First-person VR spellcaster set in the fantasy world
- Story mode featuring time travels and heroic battles
- Intuitive spell casting with motion tracked controllers
- Various elemental spells to learn and upgrade
- High replayability thanks to game-modifying Fate Cards
- Immersive fantasy world built in Unreal Engine 4